Friday, April 2, 2010

Our NEW Home! (For REAL this time)

So we didn't end up buying the home on the last post due to this new home (just 1 street away) falling into our laps.  We would have never looked at it due to the price being way more than we wanted to pay...but our agent wanted to give it a try...and 1 week later sure enough it worked!  (which we were really surprised because new homes built by much crappier builders wouldn't accept our offer in the same neighborhood).  Its a brand new home (financing didn't go through for the owners who had it built)...we get to pick out carpet next week, everything else is already installed.  We just can't believe all the hookups we get:

rural housing loan = $0 downpayment plus cheaper monthly payments
1st time owners tax credit = $8,000
grant for moving into our subdivision = $4,100
landscaping rebate from Ivory Homes = $1,000
Ivory home paying closing costs
Ivory home supplying 4,000 square feet of sod
Ivory home 2 year warranty of home

We had such horrible luck with all the other homes we put offers in, that it was coming to the point where I just wanted to give up and rent forevor.  It's funny how some things are just meant to be and come together.    & with all the grant/tax money we hope to be able to landscape & finish the basement within the first year...we sure are lucky that Scott's dad is a contractor and my dad is landscaper--will help us save ALOT of money.

Here's a link for a virtual tour for my family (and friends) that won't be able to come see it soon: http://tours.tourfactory.com/tours/tour.asp?t=581561

Needless to say I am so excited.  I couldn't fall asleep last night due to being so giddy.  FINALLY we will be able to say we are homeowners...and not an owner of some crappy house like I always thought our first home would be.   We should be moved in by 30 days (40 days at the very latest). 

I hope this doesn't sound like bragging, I'm just SO excited.  But then again, isn't that what a blog is for?  To brag about your children, hobbies, jobs, family, and everything else you are proud of--haha.

5 comments:

  1. That's exactly what a blog is for!! :o) Congrats on the awesome house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, we're excited for you guys. I know someone who wants to rent your apartment when you leave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Congrats!! So very exciting--glad you are finally getting a good one and great deals too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!! I am so excited for you!! It is such a cute house!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome, awesome, VERY AWESOME! Cutest house ever!

    ReplyDelete