- low blood sugar first 2 days in hospital = had to get lots of blood drawn
- Was starving first few days of life due to mommy not having any milk (took me 7 days) / a bad nurse that wouldn't bring her in for feedings when I asked / a bad nurse telling me she needed only 10 ml of food a day when we finally put her on formula (this also resulted her in being constipated for 3 days)
- Had jaundice = had to get blood drawn for 3 days in a row & had to be trapped in the lights for 2 days/nights. She could only come out to be fed - this was torture for both mommy & baby
- Extreme gas = lots of screaming & pain. Thank goodness for gripewater - it is amazing!
- A yeast infection in her armpits. We are treating it with a topical cream.
- She now has acid reflux. This causes her so much pain that she will actually refuse to eat and cry nonstop (last night she screamed 9 out of 12 hours). She is now on Prevacid & we hope this will help her immensely.
I know my baby doesn't have any serious health issues, but it is so hard to see your child in so much pain and not be able to do anything about it. I don't know how moms do it that have children with serious health issues. I am so thankful that so many of our prayers have been answered & that Kadee Lynn has a father who can give her blessings. I miss my happy baby & can't wait to have her back.
I thought I was prepared to be the perfect mother, with the experience I have with my niece & nephew, all the parenting books I read, and all the early-childhood classes I took in college. Although, nothing prepares you for a sick child - thank goodness I am a patient person.
Hang in there it gets easier! Just a thought- you might want to invest in some A&D bottom ointment if you haven't yet. When giving baby medicine it sometimes causes diarrhea and a bad bum rash. I have found what works the best is A&D (get the brown and blue kind- mix them together and plaster all over her rashed bum)It'll heal 20 times faster and is so soothing for them!! Nothing else worked as good as that stuff for me! Hugs and luvs to ya!
ReplyDeletepoor little thing! breaks your heart i know. and it will still break your heart when they are older and get hurt or sick. just be glad she was a girl and didn't have to be circumcized too.
ReplyDelete