Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Working Mamma is Tough Business

Last week was my first week of working full-time.  Yes it's really nice that we found a lady that lives 5 minutes away from me to watch her, and it's nice to know she's getting good care and that she loves the caregiver. BUT...

It's difficult for me to see Kadee Lynn hold onto her babysitter in a 'loving' way even when she see's me.  I am so happy she loves her babysitter, but at the same time it makes me extremely jealous.

I HATE HATE HATE only seeing my child 3 hours a day.  Kadee Lynn goes to bed at 7 pm so I only get to see her for 3 hours a day as she is usually still sleeping in the morning.  And our comute home is 35-45 minutes (which I never minded till now).  Scott gets her for only 3 hours in the morning as well (she is asleep by the time he gets home & he also hates seeing her so little).

I knew being a working mom would be tough, but I never thought it would be THIS tough.  But it sure does make me appreciate the nightly feedings more!  And I have to say, I have never looked forward to weekends or vacations like I do now - there is nothing better than being able to spend 24/7 with your family.  I am so greatful for the maternity leave I had, I can't imagine going back to work FT only 2-4 weeks after having a baby like many moms do. 

So for you lucky ladies that get to be stay-at-home moms, you are truly lucky & shouldn't take your situation for granted.  You might not realize it, but its tough for your husbands to be away from the kiddos so much so you really should appreciate all they do for you. 

Sorry for no photos, I'm at work and have no photos on my computer here.

1 comment:

  1. :o( it's so sad! i can't imagine leaving her... i quit grad school because i couldn't handle the thought of leaving her.

    ReplyDelete