Ward Halloween Party
Well I was excited to go to the party which was followed by trunk-or-treat, although the 24 hour flu kept me from having enough energy to take my daughter (sorry Kadee Lynn)
Donna (my mom) & Steve's Halloween Party
My mom throws a Halloween party for all of her and Steve's kids in the area, it is mostly for the grandchildren but there are also a few adult games that the kids can still participate (or think they are participating) in. And anyone who knows my mom, of course there is lots of candy and treats. My moms pantry is basically just the junk food & candy isle at the store (I don't know how I wasn't obese when I lived at home with all the yummy temptations).
Kadee Lynn loves other kids. She is especially fascinated with babies, but her way of saying 'hi' is to shove them, sit on them, or claw their face. So far, her boy cousins are the only other babies that can put up with her rough playing. She has made many girl babies cry.
Bumble Bee Kadee Lynn with her Utah Cousins/step-cousins /Grandma & Grandpa
Bumble Bee Kadee Lynn with her Utah Cousins/step-cousins /Grandma & Grandpa
One of the many games....Kadee Lynn was mostly an observer, which was fine with her as there was plenty of people and objects to play with.
Halloween Night
The girls went trick-or-treating pretty early (4:00) with the Utah cousins & step-cousins up at my moms neighborhood. It was too hot (70 degrees) for Kadee Lynn's bumble bee outfit, so we threw on a little hat to make her a witch(that took me 5 stores to find...a new costume would have been easier). After trick-or-treating I ironically found 2 other infant costumes in my moms attic.
The plan was to then go trick-or-treating around our neighborhood around 6:00, but Kadee Lynn was SO tired because she didn't get an afternoon nap, so she went to bed at 6:30 instead. Scott had the day off and didn't even get to go trick-or-treating with her. Oh well, next year will be much better anyways because she will have an idea whats going on and will be able to walk & talk. We only got about 30 trick-or-treaters. I have about 10 bags left of candy (this is with giving each kid 4 pieces). Good thing I got my candy so cheap = .50 a bag! People are now just doing the ward trunk-or-treat earlier in the week then on Halloween night they carpooling to the big houses (aka my moms). What a wonderful night for trick-or-treaters, and to think the next day it snowed!
The plan was to then go trick-or-treating around our neighborhood around 6:00, but Kadee Lynn was SO tired because she didn't get an afternoon nap, so she went to bed at 6:30 instead. Scott had the day off and didn't even get to go trick-or-treating with her. Oh well, next year will be much better anyways because she will have an idea whats going on and will be able to walk & talk. We only got about 30 trick-or-treaters. I have about 10 bags left of candy (this is with giving each kid 4 pieces). Good thing I got my candy so cheap = .50 a bag! People are now just doing the ward trunk-or-treat earlier in the week then on Halloween night they carpooling to the big houses (aka my moms). What a wonderful night for trick-or-treaters, and to think the next day it snowed!
Halloween for the Out-of-Towners
And here is photos Kadee Lynn's cousins that don't live in the area, but I just love them so much so I had to include these cute photos.
Estelle, a super cute kitty with her strange looking parents Kevin & Karyn
Kallie & Kayson as Jolly Holiday Mary Poppins & Bert (all sewn by Crystal of course)
Cade, the cutest and lightest Biggest Loser ever!
(poor kid got attacked by a dog this week - breaks my heart)
(poor kid got attacked by a dog this week - breaks my heart)
I hope everyone had a great Halloween!
p.s. If you have a blog I'm not aware of...please let me know! (According to my stat's a lot of people read my blog from my facebook link - and I'm sure some of you have a blog you haven't shared with me :))



No comments:
Post a Comment