I can't believe it but on Tuesday Kadee Lynn turned 6 months. They aren't kidding when they say 'don't blink.' It especially goes fast since I only see her a few precious hours a day during the work week. Here whats been going on the last month or two:
No More Paci
Kadee Lynn would cry anytime her paci fell out at night, which resulted in me having to get up 4-8 times at night (Scott doesn't wake up to cries as easily as me). So with the advise from Crystal, we let her CIO (cry it out). I put in earplugs & turned up the noise machine, but Scott said she cried for a good 2 hours the first night. She now wakes up for 2 feedings within her 11.5-12 hours of sleep. I'm contemplating on if I should only feed her once since she is 6 months now.1st Tooth
At about 5 months her first tooth popped through. No one believed us when we said she was teething, since it was a little early. She's so cute with her tiny tooth smiles! I think she is having another tooth come, as she has been pretty fussy lately. Now she needs to definetly stop chomping down when finished nursing...OUCH! (I'm almost to the point of only pumping because of this).My Rolly Polly
She finally started rolling around, and not just one way. When she's tired of rolling she then sits on her tummy, and can crawl in a circle (while somewhat screaming of course). She still doesn't like being on her tummy if she doesn't have to. I'm hoping she will eventually learn that being on her tummy isn't so bad and actually is a mode of transportation! I had to get the gate out to put up so she can roll freely when I'm not in the room. She's such a big girl now! (the end of the video makes me laugh...such a regular part of our lives).6 Month Checkup
Kadee Lynn is super healthy. The doctor said she is a little on the skinny side for her length and age but it could be genetics, and since she's continuing to gain weight it's just fine. I hope she takes after Scott's family as average height & naturally skinny...every girls dream. Here are her stats:Length: 25.75 in. (52.28 %tile)
Weight: 14.4 lbs. (20.8 %tile)
Head Circ: 16.75 in. (54.72 %tile)
So yep, my baby girl is now 1/2 a year old...crazy how fast time flies by. Before I know it she will be walking and talking. Each week she gets more social, more fun, and increases her motor skills...being a mom is the best (yes it's alot of work-but definetly worth it)! And for some reason we only take photos when she is in her pj's & never when she's dressed...sorry for the lack of cute photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment