In Kadee Lynn's 1st birthday post I didn't really do an 'update' on her since I was tired at the time. But these days Kadee Lynn is a 'busy girl' as usual. She doesn't like to relax or stay in one place longer than 10 minutes. She is a toddler now so she gets into everything, and is always so proud of herself for everything she does and will clap when she thinks she did a good job. She still doesn't say many words, other than:
ba = baby & other things,
a ba = ball,
ga = dog.
She can say dada but its still part of her babble. She does recognize lots of words though: fishes, dog, balls, babies, treats, eat, blankey, books, elmo, drink, milk, mama, dada, throw, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other stuff. So its nice to tell her to go get something and she actually does it. Besides her ball obsession (she basically lives in her ball pit - I call it her 'cave'), she is really into books. She just wants me to read to her book after book after book.
I put all of her boring toys in her room trying to clean up the clutter. Well now she thinks she has 2 playrooms, she will go back and forth between her room and the front room. Kind of funny how she loves those toys now that they are in a different room. She has also claimed all the water bottles in the pantry. So if you were to come into my house you better watch your step, as the floor is covered in every room, hall, kitchen with toys and other stuff! Hot wheels don't feel very good stepping on, and I don't know how many goldfish I have crushed into the carpet. My version of a clean house is now vacuumed, clean kitchen and bathrooms. The floor doesn't count anymore :)
It amazes me how fast she learns now, especially when it comes to mimicking and problem solving. I guess she is at the age now where she will just continue to develop so fast. I miss my baby, but I love being able to interact so much with her and play actual games with her like chase or block puzzles. She is a silly, spunky girl. Her new thing is to smile back at you...although she is so cheesy, I just love it!
Why wouldn't you stand on a chair upside down?
She thinks she is so silly
Dad, you know better than to leave the bathroom door open
Ready to support the Patriots with daddy! Kadee Lynn LOVES football, its the only tv she gets to watch now. We stopped letting her watch baby einstein or elmo movies now that she likes books so much (even though it was only 1-2 times a week).
She just loves the fishes and always wants to look at them. They are even part of her 'goodnight' routine.
Her smiling back at daddy




Cute little Kadee Lynn. She is on the go all the time and only stops when she sees something new or cool that she missed or that someone else has. She really is a sweet girl and I was loving how many smiles she will give out (even to a stranger like me:)). Kadee Lynn is very forgiving too...she will always remember me as the Aunt that either poked her with the paper in my hand or let the string go to fast and made her cry before her birthday cake. So sad but she was a good sport. At least she will know I didn't mean to and she only shed a few tears and then got distracted by the cake. We had fun at the party and were glad to have made it out for that. Your cakes looked and tasted really good and making two of them is quite the accomplishment.
ReplyDeletePFFF!! Andra pulls all the wet wipes and Kleenexes out of their boxes. I am glad she hasn't figured out the toilet paper yet!! :0)
ReplyDelete