Saturday, March 30, 2013

Panic

Kadee Lynn can now open doors - and because of the shape of our door knobs, the cheap child proofing door knobs don't work so we decided to just put a lock on backwards in her room.  When I went to test to see if the lock worked I decided to open Kadee Lynn's blinds before going outside the room.  Well Kadee Lynn then ran in the room really fast, slamming the door closed as she ran out - leaving me locked in her room with no key or phone.  Scott wouldn't be home till midnight so I knew I needed to find a way out.  Kadee Lynn was just running around the house laughing and wouldn't come talk to me, occasionally she would knock back on the door but would then run away again.  I opened the window and tried yelling for help but could hear that no one was outside.  Lately Kadee Lynn has been climbing on the bar and falling off the barstools so I was really worried she would hurt herself.  I was seriously contemplating jumping out the window (2nd story) knowing I most likely would break a leg, but decided it would be better that I break a leg than Kadee Lynn.  But after finally telling Kadee Lynn I'm "stuck" she decided to come help me.  She gets really upset when things are stuck because of a book about a pig getting stuck in cement.  I told her to go climb on the big chairs and get mommies phone off the table so mommy can call daddy to help her no be stuck.  She was so good and went and got it - then she pushed it under the door liked I ask and I was able to have a neighbor come get me out.  I was only locked for 20 minutes but it seriously seemed like an hour.  I was expecting the house to be a disaster...but instead Kadee Lynn was eating her dinner that she didn't finish and I'm not sure what else since there wasn't a single mess anymore.  Really??? So after this experience I put the door key above her door in her room.  Very funny now, but definitely don't want to experience that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment