Thursday, March 14, 2013

Just Journaling...

Sick
A few weeks ago we got hit hard with a GI bug.  Scott was sick for 2 days, followed by Kadee Lynn for 4 days, then I had it for 1 day.  Luckily no one overlapped so we were able to take care of each other.  Poor Kadee Lynn threw up for 48 hours (The laundry was going for 12 hours straight to clean all the towels).  It took her a while to get back to normal. She didn't like not being with me 24/7 anymore, and especially having to sleep in her crib. I think she really enjoyed the sleepover we had out on the couch for 3 days (I pushed the couches together, and covered them in towels).  It was so sweet, when I was throwing up, she was patting my head and saying "mommy okay, mommy okay." 

Little Nudist
Kadee Lynn is in a big 'naked' stage.  She especially loves to strip during nap time (because that's when she is alone).  She will take everything off including her diaper and giggle so hard and just wiggle around in her bed.  One day at daycare she did this, then peed, then rolled around in her pee.  I found this hiliarious because I didn't have to clean it up!  So she has been wearing onsies for the past week now.  She still tries to pull them off but has no luck.  I'm hoping soon she will forget about it and we can put her back in normal t-shirts. 

One would think that her wanting to be naked means that she is ready to be potty trained.  But this isn't the case.  If she does have a huge wet or dirty diaper she won't let me change it - I'll even ask her if she wants to sit on the potty naked and she refuses.  She will go hide and throw a fit when I do change it.  I couldn't imagine that being very comfortable.  Toddlers are so silly.

Sleep?
Kadee Lynn really has been testing us with her sleep habits lately.  Some days she will sleep perfectly till 6:45, other nights she will wake up screaming at 2:00 am then wake up permantly at 5:00 or 5:30 am.  She screams so hard that I think she has had a nightmare, but when I go in she isn't scared - she just wants to go out and play.  She is so stubborn, if we make her go back to bed she will then scream even louder for an hour straight.  It is turning into a habit now..so we are just going to have to let her cry and hopefully she will learn to go back to bed.  This little 2 year old really is testing us!

Obedient?
Well we definetly have hit the terrible two's.  Kadee Lynn can be the sweetest girl that gives lots of loves and kisses.  She is so silly and so much fun to play with.  She is so good at imaginary play.  She especially loves playing pretend with her barbies and playing in the kitchen.  I love how social she is.  She will go up to any child say 'friend,' take thier hand then play with them.  But when she doesn't want to do something - boy she doesn't want to do it.  She is on the ground, kicking and screaming and gives quiet an attitude.  She is so stubborn and won't stop unless something better presents itself.  There have been many times I'm the person at the store with a child in the cart screaming at the top of her lungs because she wants to walk (and grab everything off the carts or run away from me).  It's funny because whenever anyone new encounters her they say 'boy she sure is busy' or 'she never gets tired does she?'  Thats an active two year old for you.  I think having 3 diffierent caregivers with different parenting methods probably also isn't helpful (Scott in the morning, daycare in the afternoon, and me in the evening).  But I sure do love this little girl like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment