Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Trip to Texas

Scott had a training at Corporate offices for a week in Dallas.  My dad lives 30 minutes from Dallas and has been wanting us to come visit for a while so it would be perfect, I could spend the days with my dad, and the evenings with Scott. 

I flew in 2 days earlier than Scott so I could see Brian's family who drove up from Houston for the weekend.  Unfortunetly, Scott couldn't come earlier since his company booked his flight.  We had lots of fun just hanging out in my dad and Catharines beautiful pool and watching the kids play.  Having 2 kids would be so much easier, as I wouldn't have to constantly be the "friend" and could actually relax and get things done! 

My dad has alot of property.  So he was busy landscaping his new home the whole time. 

Kallie the little dolphin
The "tots" - Kayson & Kadee Lynn.  Typical toddlers, they either love each other, or are fighting.  This photo perfectly describes their weekend.  What a life

Grandpa Stanworth.  A while ago I told Kadee Lynn that here cousin Kallie calls him Grandpa Chimpanzee because he makes monkey noises.  Ever since then she has called him Grandpa Monkey.  Followed by a little giggle "Grandpa Monkey silly"

The ladies relaxing with the cute little twins Preston & Parker.  Such happy 5 month olds.  I wanted to take one home with me...seriously. :)

It's a good thing Grandma Catharine bought this tea set.  Kadee Lynn played with it ALL week.  Once her cousins left, she had to resort to making tea and pizza for the dogs.  Luckily they are very good dogs and played along.

Brian's now giant family.  But they make it look easy.

Yep it was a fun time.  And yes this is my dad's pool - not a hotel.  It actually looks even prettier now that he did more landscaping.

a little video of us chillin at pool - but no adults paying attention that I'm recording. :)


My happy girl became quite the swimmer.  Still not a jumper.  We worked on jumping on our tummies into the water every day...but occasionally she would revert back to her old ways and try to jump on her bum.  Don't worry I was there to catch her in case this happened.

Kadee Lynn's first "official" trim (not counting me trimming her bangs).  I couldn't believe she sat perfectly still.  I have to hold her down each day to just brush her hair. Thanks Grandma Catharine!

Kadee Lynn's favorite dogs Clyde and Saphie.  She now calls 2 of her bigger stuffed dogs their names and sleeps with them.  The day after we got home, she even drug them from room to room so they could play with her.  The calmer the dog - the more she loves them, so she REALLY loved these dogs.

Catharine took us to see her horse Sinclair. He was at their old stable while they waited for their new stable for their house to be built. Now every white horse is named Sinclair according to Kadee Lynn. She loved the donkey that would sing next door. It was hilarious. Sorry I didn't get a photo with her face.

And we are so sad. but just a week after we left my dad and Catharine rescued a new horse...a minature horse name Duke!  Kadee Lynn would have been obsessed with him!  Guess we'll have to wait till next year.  This is my dads backyard behind the pool.  Its like a little forest.

You can't go to Texas without getting some good eats.  I had the best mexican food I ever had at the Galleria mall near our hotel then of course we went to Pappadeux's Seafood.  Scott's cousin Steven drove down to meet us there.  They haven't seen each other in over 10 years.  Can you believe how old Kadee Lynn looks...oh wait she is getting old (so sad).


It was a super fun trip (for me, not so much for Scott - his highlight of the day was seeing us each night).  I'm so glad we got to go, it was the first trip I have had since having Kadee Lynn where I could just relax!  Normally our trips our pretty busy - fun but busy.  I definetly got use to be pampered by Catharine and having no responsiblity other than making sure my little girl is happy, which is pretty easy when there is a pool and animals.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment